Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Animal House

John Belushi made this film. A legend in it's own right the 1978 film basically about fraternity wars, corrupt deans and lots of alcohol induced trouble makes me wish I were part of the generation. Unfortunately this review can only be short because let's face it. It's a comedy about as in depth as one of George Bush's speeches and 10 times as funny. 
I'm a little bummed out it will be so short 

But i'm going to give it a shot anyway.

John belushi ultimately kicked ass in the film. I will never forget the "I'm a pimple" scene. Theres plenty of swearing, alchohol, nudity everythng my parents grimace at and that's what makes it awesome. This movie is the ultimate uni fantasy. I wish I could get into a house like that when I'm booted out of my parent's cushy home and into uni pretending to follow my dream. 

I will admit the plot is a little "hmmm" at times. Just a bit unbelievable here or unrealistic there but as I said this is a college fantasy so who needs reality? 
That's the message of this teen-inspiring parentally crucifying film! 
Who needs reality when you can get drunk, have a night out with some chick you just met and enjoy creating more trouble then your worth in alcohol-drenched, stupidity-induced not-so eternal bliss.

A film that put John Belushi, Crudeness, Violence and Comedy in a blender then served it up raw. 9 out of 10 all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment