Friday, January 2, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

And I thought modern films were crap. 
The film features a very morbid topic, aging backwards. It highlights themes of time, age, love, social adaption, adventure and wisdom blablabla. And of course it was another awesome job well done on brad Pitt's behalf. 

I'll be honest it was slow-paced, lacked action and was really bordering sappy slop. But I loved it anyway, if you take time to appreciate the little moments rather then the whole thing in one it really is a beautiful piece of cinematic art. Brad Pitt's convincing take on being an old man right down to a teenager was incredible. 

Oh i forgot to mention. It was directed by David Fincher ( I am a fincher fan) This being Pitt and Fincher's third film together I expected nothing less then kick-ass. 

A Question To The readers.
Now this is just me but I reckon motorcycles make guys, especially brad Pitt, look even sexier. Don't you?

Things to note.
I saw it on the second day after it was released in cinemas and the place was absolutely stuffed with people. Me and my friend got the crap seats at the front but the film was mesmerising enough for me to forget my neck was killing me. It is only M so it shouldn't be hard convincing over-protective parents that it's suitable to watch and I am warning you if you don't like slow-paced films that put emotion inducers before the plot then this is not the film for you. 

It makes me think of a snail that is beautiful enough to watch try to make its way to end ( i can even see brad Pitt sitting on top of this slow pretty snail rofl). So i am labeling this movie The Snail Element meets Brad Pitt at his best.

8 and a half out of 10 for me. It's nice to see 2008 did have some good films.

No comments:

Post a Comment